The Social Media Specialist will be in charge of maintaining SLE’s social media outlets, specifically the official SLE Facebook page and the official SLE Twitter handle. The management of these outlets includes gathering content, posting on a regular daily basis, building follower counts, and engaging with SLE’s target audiences in innovative, interactive ways.
The candidate for this position will gain social media and marketing experience. The aim of this position is to connect the exciting work occurring at SLE with our wider media audience, as well as updating our audience on news and information related to languages and cultures occurring around the globe.
Responsibilities Include (7-10 hrs/wk):
- Communicating with the Director of Media on a regular, timely basis regarding progress in weekly check-in calls and through email correspondence.
- Posting at least once daily on the SLE Facebook page and tweeting at least 3 times per day on the SLE Twitter handle, utilizing tools such as Hootsuite to maintain regularity and peak time frames.
- Posting as needed in the SLE Facebook groups (i.e. Storytellers, Alumni, etc.).
- Building out SLE’s respective social media audiences.
- Aggregating and presenting a quarterly social media report.
- Generating a brief spotlight post for SLE’s online journal The Student Language Examiner to introduce yourself to the wider SLE community.
- Finding innovative mediums that express news and information (i.e. videos, illustrations, media graphics, photography, etc.).
- Developing avenues for storytellers and other team members to submit content weekly for consideration for social media outlets on a consistent basis.
- Collaborating with other members of the communications team with the potential for work on special projects or movement into other parts of the organization.
- Personable team player, independent worker, who is well-organized and reliable
- Excellent time management skills and experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Outstanding communication skills
- Working knowledge of social media sites (specifically Facebook and Twitter)
- Excellent researcher and fact checker
- Experience in graphic design, illustration, video or photography is a plus
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should address why you are interested in contributing to the Student Language Exchange’s social media environment, how your past experiences make you a good fit for the role, and what gets you excited about the Student Language Exchange. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d love to hear from you!