Join the Student Language Exchange as a Storyteller today.
Position Overview and Key Responsibilities:
The SLE Storyteller will create content for SLE’s brand new online journal The Student Language Examiner, a publication that seeks to revolutionize the way American college students view language learning and international education. We are seeking writers, artists, photographers, filmmakers, and other creatives who can express why global literacy is critical for our generation. Each storyteller will be responsible for generating at least one content post per monthly editorial cycle for the Student Language Examiner, as well as participating in weekly editorial team meetings and helping to generate material for our social media outlets. The candidate for this position will gain social media and writing experience and will create content for their portfolio through their work with the Student Language Examiner.
Responsibilities Include (7-10 hrs/wk):
- Communicating with the Managing Editor on a regular, timely basis regarding progress in weekly check-in calls with the editorial team and through email correspondence. These weekly meetings will be used to facilitate a monthly editorial cycle, functioning as a space for scheduling, idea generation, and critique and editing.
- Generating at least one post per month for the Student Language Examiner.
- Developing innovative mediums through which to present original content and information on topics related to SLE (i.e. videos, illustrations, media graphics, photography, etc.).
- Sharing feedback and ideas with the team.
- Submitting content for SLE media outlets as follows:
- 1 weekly Facebook status pertaining to issues or news relevant to SLE.
- 1 weekly tweet pertaining to issues or news relevant to SLE.
- Collaborating with other members of the communications team with the potential for work on special projects or movement into other parts of the organization.
*The SLE Storyteller position may be used for academic credit associated with internship programs through colleges or universities. This will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Send your resume, a writing sample, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. We’d love to hear from you!